To Request Your Military Records Online

Military personnel records are important for proving military service. Most veterans can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records by requesting them online at the website of the U.S. National Archives.

Go to and click on "Veterans' Service Records", and follow the instructions.

OR GO DIRECTLY TO the Military Service Records page of the National Archives at:

Contact us online or call 888-534-6016 for assistance in obtaining advice on applying for veterans disability compensation benefits or appealing an unfavorable decision.