Dennis B. Rafferty
- Founding Partner
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Real Estate
- School Law
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accident Litigation
- Truck Accident Litigation
- Motorcycle Accident Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
Dennis B. Rafferty is a founding partner at the firm and concentrates his practice in the areas of civil litigation and school law.
Mr. Rafferty has 35 years of experience in state and federal courts and is a member of the Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
Mr. Rafferty received his B.A. with high honors from St. Vincent College in 1971 and his J.D. with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1974.
Mr. Rafferty has been the Solicitor for the Ligonier Valley School District for over 30 years and has been Solicitor for the School District of the City of Jeannette for over 10 years.
Mr. Rafferty has been continuously involved in the practice of law throughout the past 35 years and has participated in numerous important trials in both civil and criminal courts. Mr. Rafferty has also successfully handled substantial appeals through the PA appellate court.
Mr. Rafferty is rated as a preeminent lawyer by Martindale Hubbell, the oldest attorney rating service in the United States, receiving a 5.0 rating out of a possible 5-point scale. Mr. Rafferty has maintained this rating for over 25 years. Additionally, Mr. Rafferty has been evaluated as meeting very high criteria of general ethical standards. These ratings and evaluations are based on both client and peer review criteria.
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1974
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- St. Vincent College, Latrobe, PA
- B.A. - 1971
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Landlord's District, University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Volume 35, 1973
- Outside Director's Dilemma, University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Volume 35, 1974
Honors and Awards
- Rated as a preeminent lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, Present
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Present
- Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Latrobe Jaycees
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Partner, Quatrini Rafferty
- Dennis B. Rafferty, Atty, Sole Practitioner
- Ligonier Valley School District, Solicitor
- School District of the City of Jeannette, Solicitor
Pro Bono Activities
- Solicitor for the Ligonier Valley School District, 1989 to Present