Jessica L. Rafferty, Esq.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Elder Law
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
Jessica L. Rafferty concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning and administration, family law and civil litigation. She understands that everyone’s family is different and everyone’s needs are different. Jessica’s compassion and drive make her an incredible advocate for her clients. She takes the time to listen to what is important to her clients and is then able to help them navigate the legal and emotional complexities that often arise in these areas of the law.
Jessica has been named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 list and a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor given to no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in Pennsylvania. She has earned the distinction of being admitted into the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States.
She was born and raised in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. After graduating from Greater Latrobe Senior High School, she went on to earn her B.S. in Business Administration (magna cum laude) from Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. She then went on to receive her law degree from George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia.
Jessica has always found great joy in volunteering. Prior to law school, she served as a youth development volunteer in the United States Peace Corps in Honduras. Currently, she serves on the board of Animal Friends of Westmoreland as Vice President and also volunteers there. She also serves on the board for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Westmoreland and is a member of the Latrobe Youth Commission, which is designed to prevent first-time juvenile offenders from getting an official court record by providing them with community supervision.
In her free time, Jessica enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running and playing the piano. She has completed 10 marathons, the most recent being the 2018 Boston Marathon!
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, VA
- J.D. – 2009
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
- B.S.B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2003
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers
- “Rising Star” by SuperLaywers Magazine
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2019 Trailblazer Award Recipient
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Ned J. Nakles American Inn of Court, Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Youth Development Volunteer, United States Peace Corps
- Animal Friends of Westmoreland, Vice President and volunteer
- CASA of Westmoreland (Court Appointed Special Advocates) – Board Member
- Latrobe Youth Commission – Member