Nicholas Kennedy is a strong advocate for the employment rights of individuals—those who face harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and other unlawful conduct in the workplace.
Nicholas has litigated in federal and state courts, before administrative agencies, and in arbitrations. He has successfully resolved disputes under a litany of federal statutes, including Title VII, ADEA, FMLA, ADA, and FLSA, as well as state statutory and common law claims.
Nicholas also advises employees on issues surrounding non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, severance packages, and unemployment compensation.
Prior to joining Quatrini Law Group, Nicholas worked as a litigation associate at the Manhattan office of a large international law firm. While in New York, he also defended the rights of New Yorkers in foreclosure proceedings for The Legal Aid Society, helping numerous individuals keep their homes. Nicholas uses this unique, fast-paced, and high-pressure New York City legal experience in problem solving for his clients.
Giving back to his community is important to Nicholas. He volunteers for a number of local organizations and provides pro bono legal services to individuals in need.
Nicholas was born and raised in Greensburg, PA. He enjoys mountain biking, practicing martial arts, traveling, scuba diving, and creating stained glass. He and his wife, Lindsey, an employment lawyer in Pittsburgh, live in Westmoreland County with their son, Clive.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Secretary
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Federal Court Section, Councilmember
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Community Service Committee, Co-Chair
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Employment Law Section, Chair
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Board of Governors, Member
- Western Pennsylvania Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- National Trial Advocacy College, Graduate
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Board Secretary
- Western District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Se Pro Bono ADR Program, Pro Bono Attorney
- Allegheny County Bar Association’s Children’s Gift Drive and Holiday Party, Volunteer
- Pennsylvania Resources Council, past Board Member
- Greenfield Community Association, past Treasurer