Quatrini Rafferty, P.C.

My Military Service Records: How Can I Get a Copy?

Many veterans, as they left the service, never received a copy of their military service records, including treatment records. These documents are very important as they can reveal medical treatment for in-service conditions or disabilities. They often times serve as the smoking gun for winning a service-connected benefit.

Most veterans can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records by requesting them online at the website of the U.S. National Archives.

Go to www.archives.gov and click on "Veterans' Service Records", and follow the instructions.

OR GO DIRECTLY TO the Military Service Records page of the National Archives at:


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Workers Compensation Long Term Disability Veterans Benefits Nursing Home Neglect Wills Estate Planning Injuries & Auto Accidents Social Security Disability
Email Us For A Response