Someone recently asked me this question: Relative to helping people who are seriously hurt in auto collisions, what is the biggest problem you face in trying to advocate for your clients?

That's an easy question to answer: Many times, there is not enough auto insurance coverage to adequately compensate our clients for their injuries and losses! In fact, many people don't realize that PA law requires that drivers carry only $15,000 (per person) and $30,000 (per accident) at a minimum in liability coverage (the insurance coverage that is used to pay for damages a driver causes if at fault for a car crash) in order to be "legal." In today's dollar, that's simply not enough coverage.

My advice? Take a look at your auto insurance coverage now. Be sure that you have sufficient uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. Purchasing this coverage is the only way to protect yourself and your family in the event you are injured in a collision with a driver who has very little or, even worse, no insurance coverage. I recommend that you purchase no less than $100,000 of UM/UIM coverage for each of your vehicles and that you elect to "stack" that coverage. Tell your family and friends that they need to look at their auto insurance too.

Need a refresher on these suggestions and terms? Click here!

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Car Accident.jpg


Full Tort + Stacked UM/UIM Coverage + Wage Loss Coverage = Full Protection

I would be happy to review your insurance information with you free of charge. All you need to do is call or email me with your insurance information at either 888-534-6016 or [email protected]. Don't wait until it's too me today!

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Get In Touch Today

Get In Touch Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Our Practice Range

Serving Southwestern Pennsylvania with offices in Westmoreland, Allegheny, and Blair Counties.

  • Super Lawyers
  • Best Lawyers
  • AV Preeminent
  • WILG
  • NOVA

Greensburg Office:
550 East Pittsburgh Street
Greensburg, PA 15601

Toll Free: 888-534-6016
Phone: 724-221-3191
Fax: 724-837-1348
Greensburg Law Office Map

Pittsburgh Office:
941 Penn Avenue
Suite 101
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Phone: 412-391-2800
Pittsburgh Law Office Map

Latrobe Office:
816 Ligonier Street
First Floor
Latrobe, PA 15650

Phone: 724-539-2841
Latrobe Law Office Map

Altoona Office:
615 Howard Avenue
Suite 210
Altoona, PA 16601

Phone: 814-656-0065
Fax: 814-656-0066
Altoona Law Office Map

  • Super Lawyers
  • Best Lawyers
  • AV Preeminent
  • WILG
  • NOVA