Richard H. Galloway concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury and criminal litigation.
Mr. Galloway has more than 40 years of experience in numerous states' courts, including Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio, as well as in Federal District Court.
Mr. Galloway is a member and former president of the Westmoreland Bar Association. He served as the president of the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the leading provider of continuing education for lawyers in Pennsylvania. He has served on the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Board of Governors and its House of Delegates and was elected Chair of the House of Delegates, the 400-member governing body of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Mr. Galloway is a member and former president of the Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers. He is also a member and former president of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyer Association's Western Chapter. He served as member and chair of a Hearing Committee for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
He served as president of the Ned J. Nakles American Inns of Court and has been a lecturer at seminars for the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Westmoreland Bar Association, the Conference of County Bar Leaders, and the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He is assistant solicitor for the Pennsylvania State Troopers Association.
He has been recognized by Who's Who in American Law and Who's Who in the World. He was named to the Best Lawyers in America and has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top 50 lawyers in Pittsburgh, and as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer.
Mr. Galloway has been inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, limited to 1% of the lawyers in any state.
He has participated in some of the largest and most widely publicized trials in Western Pennsylvania, including the defense of a judge charged with multiple crimes and prosecution of a claim for wrongful deaths for victims of a 29 vehicle accident.
In 2000, Mr. Galloway received the President's Award for Professionalism, the highest award given by the Westmoreland Bar Association.
Mr. Galloway received his B.A. from Lehigh University and his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh, where he was class president.
Mr. Galloway and his wife, Janice, have two children: Lisa Galloway Monzo, Esquire., and Rick Galloway, a registered geologist in Delaware. Richard and Janice have four grandchildren.
- Pennsylvania, 1966
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Honors: Senior Class President
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem
- Honors: Class Cabinet
- Major: Government
- Proving Damages, PA Bar Institute
- Cross-Examination, Westmoreland Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the World
- The Best Lawyers in America
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- President's Award for Professionalism, The highest award of the Westmoreland Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- Top 50 Lawyers in Pittsburgh
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Member
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Former President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Former Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Former House of Delegates, Member, Chair
- Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Westmoreland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Former President
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyer Association's Western District, Former President
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Former Chair of the Hearing Committee
- Ned J. Nakles Inn of Court
- Ned J. Nakles Inn of Court, Former President
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Board of Directors, Former President
Past Employment Positions
- McArdle Harrington Feeney & McLaughin, Associate
- GallowayMonzo, Founder, 2008 to 2018
- Ackerman & Galloway
- Galloway, DeBernardo, Antoniono, McCabe, & David, P.C., Partner
- Phi Sigma Kappa