A. Tereasa Rerko
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability
- Mediation & Arbitration Services
Tereasa Rerko is a partner at the firm and concentrates her practice in the areas of Social Security Disability. Subsequent to obtaining her MA degree in Conflict Resolution, she will also now be serving
as a third-party neutral in mediation matters.
Practicing law since 1984, Ms. Rerko is a member of the Westmoreland and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. She has consistently been listed in Who’s Who of American Lawyers in every year since 1997. Tereasa is a co-author to the Pennsylvania Bar Institute publication Fee Agreements in Pennsylvania, Workers' Compensation Chapter.
Attorney Rerko was recently elected to the California University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association Board of Directors for a three-year term. She is currently serving as
Vice-President. She was also recently elected to the Board of the Mediation Council
of Western PA.
Attorney Rerko is an active volunteer in her community. She was recently elected as the Vice-President of the California University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association Board of Directors. She has previously served on the Board of Directors of United Way of Southwestern PA and is currently a member of its Women's Leadership Council. She previously served on the Board of Directors of Access Abilities, Inc., serving as Vice-President and also chair of the Board Development Committee, and also served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Access Abilities Foundation, its sister agency. Ms. Rerko was involved with the former Girl Scout Council of Westmoreland for more than 17 years. Most recently she served two three-year terms as president of the Board. She served several terms on the Board of Directors of ParentWise of Westmoreland County.
Ms. Rerko received her B.A. in Political Science cum laude from California University of Pennsylvania in 1979
and her J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law in 1984. She obtained her M.A. in Conflict Resolution, with honors, from California University of Pennsylvania in 2020. She lives in Bullskin Township with her husband, Thomas, and son, Patrick.
Ms. Rerko is active in her church, the Partner Parishes of St. Pius X and Visitation of the B.V.M in Mt. Pleasant, where she serves as a lector as well as a catechist for the Children’s Liturgy of the Word program.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1984
- California University of Pennsylvania, California, Pennsylvania
- M.A. (with honors) – 2020
- Major: Conflict Resolution
- California University of Pennsylvania, California
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List all semesters
- Major: Political Science/Pre-Law
- Co-Author, Fee Agreements in Pennsylvania, Workers' Compensation Chapter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Fink v. WCAB (Vinal Pride and State Auto Insurance Company), 1998
- Lickenfelt v. Astrue, WL 2275538, 2008, Western District of Pa.
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who of American Lawyers
- Superlawyer, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Past Member
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Past Member
- Westmoreland County Commission for Women and Families, 2006 to 2014
- United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Women's Leadership Council of United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, 2013 to Present
- NOSSCR – National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Mediation Council of Western PA
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, 1998 to 2004
- AccessAbilities, Inc., Board of Directors, Past Member, 2006 to 2014
- ParentWise of Westmoreland County, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Zonta Club of Westmoreland, Past Member, 2013
- Executive Women of Westmoreland, Past Member
- National Association of Female Executives, Past Member
- Girl Scout Council of Westmoreland, Chair, 1998 to 2004
Pro Bono Activities
- Lector & Catechist, Children’s Liturgy of the Word Program, Partner Parishes of St. Pius X and Visitation of the B.V.M. in Mt. Pleasant