Michael Vincent Quatrini
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Veterans Disability
Michael represents injured workers and veterans in claims for Workers' Compensation, Veterans' Disability Compensation, and Social Security Disability/SSI.
He received his B.A. from Dickinson College in 2004, where he majored in Political Science, and his law degree from the Duquesne University School of Law in 2007, where he served as President of the Student Bar Association.
Michael is a member of the Westmoreland County, Allegheny County, and Pennsylvania Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice before the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, Social Security Administration, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. He is an active member, and speaker for, the National Organization of Social Security Representatives (N.O.S.C.C.R.) and the National Organization of Veterans Advocates (N.O.V.A.).
Since 2013, Mr. Quatrini has been a course planner and lecturer for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, co-authoring and presenting statewide for "Advanced Issues in Social Security Disability" and "Social Security Disability: the Basics."
Since 2012 , Michael has been annually named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Pennsylvania.
Michael is currently the Board President for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Westmoreland County, Inc., serves as a board member for Westmoreland Cleanways (Recycling Coordinator for Westmoreland County), and serves on the board of directors of The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County.
He is one of the co-founders of the "Visionaries," a group at the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County dedicated to educating individuals in their 20's, 30's, and 40's about community giving and foundations. Since 2010, the group has provided more than $25,000.00 in funding to local non-profits who develop unique programs to engage young individuals and encourage volunteering/board service. Separately, as Co-Chair of the Kid's Chance Golf Outing hosted by the Allegheny County Bar Association - Workers' Comp. Division, Michael has been instrumental in raising over $20,000.00 for Kid's Chance of Pennsylvania, a non-profit charged with providing scholarships to the children of injured workers.
Michael and his wife, Megan, both grew up in Westmoreland County and currently live in the Point Breeze neighborhood of Pittsburgh with their beautiful (and talkative) daughter, Stella.
When he is not practicing law, he enjoys biking, boating, golf, politics, and watching the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins.
Commitment to Our Community
Michael proudly dedicates his time to the Board of Advisors for the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County. An affiliate of the Pittsburgh Foundation, CFWC strengthens the Westmoreland County community through non-profit organizing, programming and giving, all of which is supported by endowed funds established by individuals, businesses, and organizations. CFWC currently has more than 220 individual donor funds, valued at $23 million, and has granted over $14 million to local nonprofit organizations. He is one of the co-founders of the "Visionaries," a program at the CFWC dedicated to educating individuals in their 20's, 30's, and 40's about community giving and foundations. Since 2010, the group has provided more than $30,000.00 in funding to local non-profits who develop unique programs to engage young individuals and encourage volunteering/board service. In 2017, Michael was instrumental in helping The Pittsburgh Foundation develop its own version of the Visionaries program -- "New Philanthropic Leaders" – which on its own has provided substantial resources to the Pittsburgh non-profit community while at the same time developing the next generation of community-minded residents.
Additionally, Michael has dedicated over a decade of board service to Westmoreland Cleanways, the non-profit recycling coordinator for Westmoreland County, where he currently serves in the role as Vice President of the Board of Directors. He is also the past Board President for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Westmoreland County, Inc., a volunteer-based organization providing a voice in the courts on behalf of abused and neglected children in Westmoreland County.
For his commitment to the community, Michael was recognized in 2018 as "Who's Next in Philanthropy" in the Pittsburgh-region by the Incline Magazine.
- Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 05/2007
- Honors: President of the Student Bar Association
- Honors: Law School’s academic disciplinary board
- Honors: Appointed by the President of Duquesne University to serve on the "University Advisory Committee"
- Dickinson College, Carlisle
- B.A. - 05/2004
- Honors: Interned for the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Honors: Three-year member of the Student Senate
- Honors: Three-time letterman on the Varsity Soccer Team
- Major: Political Science
- "Advanced Issues in Social Security Disability" Co-author
- "Social Security Disability: the Basics'' Co-author
- "Advanced Issues in Social Security Disability" published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (please hyperlink) -- Co-author
- "Social Security Disability: the Basics'' published by Pennsylvania Bar Institute (please hyperlink) -- Co-author
Honors and Awards
- Westmoreland Bar Association – "Outstanding Young Lawyer" award (2011)
- "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (please hyperlink): 2012 through present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westmoreland County Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Duquesne Law School Alumni Association, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Representatives (N.O.S.C.C.R.), Member
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates (N.O.V.A.), Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ) – Member and "Future Leaders" Board Member
- Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG) – Member and VA Disability Section Chair