If you are a law enforcement officer who has suffered an injury in an on-the-job accident and that injury renders you unable to do your job, speak to a Pennsylvania Heart & Lung Act attorney today about the benefits this law makes available to you.
At the Quatrini Law Group, our lawyers appreciate the services that our police and firefighters provide and we are aware of the risks that they take. For these reasons, we feel it is our duty to provide them with fierce advocacy and the best legal care we can give.
Because the job duties of law enforcement officers, firefighters, corrections workers, and certain other state and municipal employees require them to risk personal injury and safety to perform a necessary public service, they are entitled to special benefits under the provisions of the Pennsylvania Heart & Lung Act. Some facts about this legislation:
- An eligible employee is entitled to 100 percent of their normal (no overtime) weekly salary-tax free.
- An eligible employee may be required to file for workers’ compensation benefits first. These benefits will be reimbursed to the employer paying the Heart and Lung Act benefits.
- An eligible employee does not have to use any sick leave to cover their absence once they have been injured in the line of duty.
- An eligible employee’s Heart and Lung benefits may not be terminated without a due process hearing.
- Heart & Lung Act benefits are considered a ‘property right’ under the U.S. Constitution.
We represent eligible state and municipal employees at every stage of the process and at every hearing. And should it become necessary, we can pursue your claim all the way from the appeals hearing to the Commonwealth Court and up to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Should your injuries ultimately turn out to be permanent in nature, we have experienced and highly skilled attorneys who can help to transition you into a Social Security Disability claim.
Whether you were injured as a firefighter, a park ranger, or while working as a port authority officer, Quatrini Law Group can help you to get the full and fair compensation you deserve. Contact us at our Greensburg law offices today via email or phone us at 724-837-0080 in Greensburg or toll free at 888-534-6016.
For more information on Social Security please visit our page containing Social Security Frequently Asked Questions.